The CITA-Distinguished certification is an experienced-based interview by a board of peers held online or in person which reviews the candidates breadth of architecture and industry experience. A CITA-Professional level certification is mandated prior to registering for this certification.
The CITA-D certification will enhance the credibility and capability of successful candidates and provides assurance to employers that CITA-Distinguished are able to practice as successful architects on the largest projects or programs.
Senior Architects, Chief Architects.
- A minimum of 10 years in the industry as a practicing architect is recommended
- A track record of industry and enterprise-level contribution to architecture
- Completion of the CITA-D documentation set
- Completion of the recommended coaching sessions (Iasa provided upon registration if one not already procured)
- CITA-Professional level certification recommended.
The CITA-D credential is achieved by passing a board of your peers who have obtained the equivalent of the CITA-P level. The board is a 2.5 hour review session (online or onsite) including:
a. 30 minute presentation given by candidate
b. 60 minute Q&A Session on documentation provided and PowerPoint
c. 10 minute break
d. 40 minute final Q&A session
e. 10 minute wrap up and next steps
A decision is conveyed by Iasa within 48 hours of the review board.
The fee is $2,800 and includes up to four (4) Board Preparation Coaching Sessions.
The re-take fee is $1,000 and must be purchased within 12 month of the original review board.