The CITA-Associate certification is a specialization based credential based on the knowledge obtained from Iasa’s specialization courses.
A Solution Architect is an expert in many categories. They should have hands-on experience in multiple industries and across several disciplines. They can master a variety of hardware platforms including mainframes, distributed platforms, desktops, and mobile devices. Akin to that, they should also possess skill and understanding of a variety of Operating Systems. A broad and deep understanding of Databases is also required.
The Iasa Solution Architect training develops an architects skills to effectively function as a project delivery architect for midsize to large projects using common techniques and procedures.
• Develop solution architecture for midsize to large projects.
• Understand the 4 primary aspects of solution architecture and work with critical stakeholders to
• Function within the team throughout project life cycles to ensure appropriate technology strategy delivery.
• Deliver solutions regularly based on sound value management techniques.
• Manage stakeholders and key team members expectations and communications strategy.
• Course includes the pre-work BTS material (.pdf) and the CITA-Associate Solution exam.
3-5 years of architecture experience and thorough and complete understanding of the IT Architecture Body of Knowledge.
Business Technology Strategy curriculum (included with course registration) is the pre-work for all Associate Level courses.
Although exam consists of 100 multiple choice and true/false questions , they will require utilizing the knowledge acquired in the associate course and BTS material to find solutions to posed scenarios. The exam is deployed online via Iasa’s Learning Management System. If attending an onsite course, the exam is proctored on the last day. If attending an online course, access is given on the last day of the course as well. Students will be given 2.5 hours each to complete the exam. A passing grade is 70%.